
Our initial plans were somewhat thwarted because right when we got the boys to the splash park- I mean shoes off and almost in the water- it started lightning. Man, this must be a kids worst nightmare. It was not fun telling Brodie that he couldn't get in the water (nor was it fun hearing his reaction-though thanks to Aidan, it only lasted for a second!). Above is a picture of Aidan and Brodie hugging....you can almost hear Aidan saying, "it's okay Brodie, we'll come back another day." Too cute!
Not to fret though, we still took the boys to the nearby park since the weather wasn't too bad yet. They had a great time and soon forgot about the pool altogether. Stephanie and I even decided to take them back to the splash park on Sunday for a second try.....they had a blast!

1 comment:
We forewent the water during lightening for large metal bars (think lightning rods). :) That was a fun weekend. I wish I had pictures - especiallly the worst swim diaper cleanup ever in the history of man. There was baby powder on the sidewalk still a few days later when I went - I had to laugh at the memory!
Post a Comment