Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Angel Tree

Every year at Christmas time the company I work for participates in Angel Tree (we -along with many other companies and churches- partner with Prison Fellowship to bring incarcerated parents and their children together during the Christmas season. We do this by purchasing gifts on behalf of the incarcerated and then present them to the children before Christmas Day). It's a wonderful ministry to be a part of and I have the privilege of organizing it for our company. We do it a little differently than other participants in that rather than delivering the gifts to the families, we host a big party and the families come to us. This way the Angel Tree Children (and their caregivers) can enjoy a nice meal, play lots of games, win prizes, hear a Gospel presentation, and of course, receive their presents. It takes a lot of work to prepare for the party (I'm so thankful for our volunteers!), but it's worth every minute when you see the kids having so much fun. For the last 3 years, Kyle has brought Brodie to the party so he could be a part of this project. This year Brodie (almost 2.5 yrs) was old enough to enjoy it as well! I look forward to our family being a part of Angel Tree every year.














No comments: