Monday, December 3, 2012

I like to move it, move it....

 Birdie came to Dallas for her annual week stay- a few days after Thanksgiving and the week of my big Angel Tree project for work (and the week before one of Kyle's CPA exams- her being here meant that Kyle got even more study time in).  She is always so incredibly helpful to us....in fact, I don't know how I would be able to complete my project and pull off a big party for Angel Tree families if she wasn't here.  She did all the cooking, cleaning, school responsibilities, and attended all of Brodie's extra curricular activities and Christmas parties.  And somewhere in there she found time to do some additional projects around the house for me.  She's crazy good!  Birdie and Brodie spend lots of time together this particular week of the year and usually have at least one special outing.  This year, she took him to ICE at the Gaylord Texan and the theme was Merry Madagascar!  SO CUTE! They had a blast wearing huge parkas in the 9 degree rooms while looking at the amazing ice sculptures.  And of course, the ice slides were a huge hit.  I don't know if they have "extras" every year, but this year they added Kung Fu Panda Snow Tubing. Brodie said it was "AWESOME!" They sure picked a good evening to go- the crowds were light so they got to do their fair share of tubing.
Kyle and Brodie also put up the outside Christmas lights and, once the work party was over,  we managed to put up some decorations inside the house as well.  Yay....Christmas is here! 
Thanks SO much Birdie!





Before the slide.....
And after....I think he liked it :)

Brodie helped his dad put up the outside lights again this year-
way to go guys!



Birdie brought Brodie up to the Angel Tree party-
he had a great time with the other kids!


No comments: