Wednesday, February 23, 2011

All Grown Up

I can't believe that our little boy is learning to ride his bike without training wheels! Where does the time go? It seems a bit early to me (he's 4.5 yrs.), but a few weeks ago he begged us to let him try. Why not, right? He didn't really care for the training wheels anyway; he said it was too slow and wobbly (and he still prefers the scooter). We've only been out with the bike once so far and he did a great job getting used to the balancing thing. It's going to take several times though....we are seeing a bit of fear in him that we haven't really seen before. It's a good thing, I think. I want him to have a little fear in him :) I'm just being honest. I just can't get over the fact that he's growing up so fast- learning to ride a bike, beginning to read all on his own, and heading in to Kindergarten in the fall. Yep, I am one of "those moms" who gets teary eyed often and will cry in the parking lot on his first day of school next year. No doubt.






1 comment:

Niki said...

Jill...don't feel bad! I cried on the first day of 3 year old preschool this year and I am already teary thinking that it is almost over. I honestly think I will have to be drugged to even make it to Addie's class when she starts kinder! Great job Brody for riding the bike "big boy" style!!!