Brodie: So, if Jesus didn't do anything wrong (at all) to anyone, then why was everyone cheering and yelling for him to die on the cross? Why would everyone want Him to die if He didn't do anything to them?
Brodie: If most people wanted Jesus to die, then why did some of them change and start crying and bow down to Him right after He was dead on the cross?
Brodie: It's so sad that Jesus had to die such a hard death. I'm having a hard time with that. It makes me sad.
Brodie: (we were outside playing and I reminded him not to get close to our fence that had fallen b/c there were nails) If I stepped on that nail then it would be like Jesus getting the nails in his feet and hands. Right? Except He had a crown of thorns sticking in his head too. That's so sad.
Kyle and I are constantly telling Brodie that the story doesn't end there and reminding him that Jesus rose from the dead and is alive and with us today. Jesus loves us so much that He did all of that for us so that we could be free from sin and live with Him forever.
I overheard Brodie praying in bed the other night (by himself) and he was asking Jesus to forgive him when he disobeys. He also asked God to help him make good choices so he would do the right things. He ended by saying, "God I know you are the only one that can do this."
Brodie has asked us about his sin and is aware that we are all sinners in need of God's forgiveness. Kyle and I can tell that Brodie is really contemplating what all this means as he takes it all in. He's so sweet and his heart is HUGE. We are praying that he will continue to ask questions and realize His need for Jesus in his life. I pray that this will lead to him asking Jesus to be his personal Lord and Savior in the very near future.
Here are a few pictures of our lunch outing with family (Kyle's side) after church on Easter Day.

No comments:
Post a Comment