Monday, December 26, 2011

A New Christmas Tradition

On our way down to Corpus we stopped in Austin for a night so that all the cousins on Jill's side of the family could celebrate Christmas together. It was so fun! From the minute we walked in the door the kids played & played. They really enjoy being together and I LOVE that. We (Hancocks, Hoffman's, & Scott's) also started a new tradition this year...and I love that, too. Instead of exchanging gifts between the cousins, each family chose a ministry or missionary to help in honor of cousins. I could not be more excited about this and am thrilled that Brodie was all over it. We prayed through several different options and Brodie felt strongly about helping 2 of them. So we did. We could almost feel Brodie's heart break for these people and the situations they found themselves in. I absolutely love his huge and senstive heart. I'm hopeful that this tradition will stick with him (and us) forever and teach us all more about Christ, who He is, and what living generously for Him really means.






Uncle Chad "taking on" all 4 boys!

No comments: