I love sports..playing them, watching them, making small wagers on them (like in office Fantasy Football or March Madness pools), pretty much anything to do with them! Well ,twice a year, Jill, Uncle Henry and I participate in some friendly competition to see who can pick the most winners for the NCAA Bowl Season and then a few months later in the annual March Madness brackets. The last two years, Jill has swept both competitions. The losers were a little behind in honoring their foe (the small wager or crown for the competition is lunch). Jill and Humble Henry (his team name) are shown here to the above right at Pei Wei for the joyous occasion. Okay so we have labeled Henry as Uncle Henry for the major blessing he is in both our lives. Henry serves as the Chaplain at Interstate Batteries and is also Jill's boss. We could never have anticipated how much more he would become to us. Henry is also my mentor (a relationship that started just prior to my Dad's passing). He has helped us pass through some hard times such as that, but has celebrated many more great moments as well. We are thankful for his encouragement, wisdom and discernment. Jill and I both hold dear the blessing of our family and friends. There is an art piece in our house that reads, "True Friends are Hard to Find, Difficult to Leave and Impossible to Forget." So true.Well yesterday I revealed that Jill and I are a house divided; she's a Longhorn and I'm an Aggie. As I mentioned earlier in this blog, I am a sports nut/ fanatic (without TiVo or even ESPN)! How does one live without the two? I have always enjoyed a good laugh or two as well. My family can attest to my enjoyment of the Sports Bloopers growing up. So after yesterday's poor sportsmanship, I wanted to leave this blog on a high note. Below is a shot of Jill's Longhorns in action. They were the BCS National Champions in 2005 and I believe they won the College World Series that year as well. It is tough to admit that their athletic program has trumped ours for a long time running. Anyways, I digress, as I said I want to leave this blog on a high note! :)
1 comment:
Oh nuts! I missed the football.
Post a Comment