
Actually it was Friday in the park, but that was not a song title (Chicago 1972). So I have taken the creative liberty to rename this entry to match the blog post date. I promise no more shots below the belt today. Can you believe it is May already?...Cinco de Mayo in fact. It's commonly thought that Cinco de Mayo ("The fifth of May" in Spanish) is Mexico's Independence Day, but the day actually commemorates the Battle of Puebla. On May 5, 1862, Mexican forces led by General Ignacio Zaragoza conquered the French occupation forces near the city of Puebla. It's this victory that's celebrated every May 5 throughout Mexico and the U.S, while Mexico's Independence Day is celebrated September 16. Just a brief history lesson to ensure that we are historically accurate.
I love this shot of Mommy and Brodie to the above right. It's a candid picture of what takes place numerous times throughout the day (ie. Brodie getting love and affection from his Mommy...and Daddy too). Brodie definitely loves being outdoors. Here are a few "action" shots of him playing at one of the neighborhood parks. And you thought I was kidding about him partaking in family chores (see first photo)...


1 comment:
It was good to see you all tonight at the park. Brodie is such a cutie!
Post a Comment