Monday, January 31, 2011

Patriots on Ice

Last weekend we had the opportunity to see a friend play in a hockey game for the DBU Patriots. My only hesitancy (ok, fear)- and a small one at that- was that I knew when Brodie saw the players on the ice he would want to play. Our child loves sports and wants to be a part of every competition. When the inevitable question was asked, I basically told him that he will never play hockey- it's only a sport that we watch:) I was only 1/2 kidding as it wouldn't be my first choice for our baby. I know, I have a lot of growing up to do. Anyway, the game was fun and we thoroughly enjoyed watching Henry & cheering his team on. DBU didn't win, but they played well and had fun! We had perfect seats....we stood right up next to the glass. In fact, Brodie loved it when the players would hit the side (hard) where we were b/c the whole rink would shake. It was so loud that it scared us a time or two. Brodie never moved- only tensed up and laughed a lot. Henry was so sweet- before entering the locker room he gave Brodie a puck and took a picture with him. Thanks Henry!


Perfect view!

Henry and Brodie

1 comment:

Nana said...

OK, no "real" hockey, but be sure to tell him to play broom hockey during the weeks before his wedding, so he can follow in his dad's footsteps and get his front teeth knocked out for his wedding pictures. Then he can take out the fake teeth to entertain the guests at his rehearsal dinner! Boys will be boys!